FOR ...Moms, Wives, and Domestic Goddesses.

A blog for all my little secrets that I have learned through being a stay at home mom, and wife. Those little secrets that I wish someone had passed on to me. Recipes, Favorite items, Date night fun, etc. Enjoy :)

8/25/09

The Secrets of the Pot Roast...

I am a lover of Sunday Pot Roast. Most people have their own special family recipe that they love. So I will not be posting a recipe.  Only something that I discovered while experimenting with many Pot Roasts....

1. Macey's often has roast on sale for $1.99 a lb.  Making this dinner VERY affordable.
2. Adding a 12oz can of Coca Cola to your Pot Roast  helps make it MELT OFF THE FORK tender. No joke. I usually cook mine in a crock pot on low for 8 hours.  For the first 5 hours I cook it in just water.  Then for the last 3 hours I add the can of coke.  Try it. It will have a hint of sweetness to the flavor, but seasoning your pot roast should help counter that flavor.

No comments: