FOR ...Moms, Wives, and Domestic Goddesses.

A blog for all my little secrets that I have learned through being a stay at home mom, and wife. Those little secrets that I wish someone had passed on to me. Recipes, Favorite items, Date night fun, etc. Enjoy :)

8/24/09

Polkadots for little bums

OH, the diaper! We have a love hate relationship with the diaper.  Love the way it protects against leaks and rashes,hate the price tag attached...
Should you go for the cheap brands, most likely your little one will wet right through them without too much effort. Leaks are little fun, but the explosions are worse.  If your sweetheart is like ours, the cheaper brands can also cause little rashes on delicate skin. Our baby has allergies to almost every brand (of diaper AND WIPES), except of course the most expensive Huggies and Pampers.  So for over a year, we shelled out the big bucks to cover the little bum.
Then, one sunny afternoon, I made a DISCOVERY! Call it a "WOOO HOOOO!!!" moment. 
Target has a new generic type brand. Called "UP & UP".  All through out Target you will see this brand creeping up, not making much of a fuss, but always providing lower prices and a good deal.

I'll admit, after trying just about every brand of diaper, I was skeptical that this would be any different. But then I caught a glimpse of the ADORABLE print all over the diaper.  Yes, I demand cuteness even in my diapers!
After buying a pack of 40 diapers for a mere $6.97 as apposed to the 36 diapers for $ 10.97 for some name brand diapers. I wandered over to the other aisles of baby-dom.... 80 wet wipes for 1.89 instead of 72 for 2.50.... Fruit puffs for .82 instead of $1.99.  WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN all my life UP & UP...
I am proud to say, No rashes, no leaks, nothing but PURE AWESOMENESS from this brand of diapers.  
All in all, Cute, affordable, durable, LOVEABLE!

No comments: